What to Expect After Child Birth
Giving birth is the most exciting event that can happen to any women. It truly is a magical moment; to hear your child's cry after having him/her inside of you for 9 long months. But like me, once the excitement has gone down and you have been discharged from the hospital, I had no idea what to expect next? Apart of me secretly hoped I can take one of the nurses home with me to help me figure out my life.
Well after having my second child, here are 10 things I wish I was told to expect after child birth:
- You will probably still look pregnant so don't pack your post partum clothing into your hospital just yet!
- Shaking, chills and night sweats are normal
- You will probably feel pain for a while
- Your hair will probably fall out
- You may not want to see anyone
- You will cry uncontrollably for no reason at all
- You will get engorged
- Breastfeeding is A LOT of work. It is not as easy/enjoyable as these moms crack it up to be. Getting your baby to latch is a task in itself.
- Pumping absolutely sucks! You will become a slave to that breast pump
- If you get the epidural, your back will NEVER be the same again.
I wish I was warned after my first child as far as what to expect. I definitely did not get the memo and was absolutely lost. It hit me like a ton a bricks. The sleepless nights, the frantic crying due to gas, everything. It was hard. With my second baby, I knew what to expect so it was not as difficult for me but it is still hard because now I have a toddler to attend to as well.
I remind myself each day that this too shall pass and I will get into a routine soon. So I am here to tell you ladies the same. Although it may seem rough, it does get better/easier. So hang in there! The sleepless nights are not forever. Feel free to comment below or contact me via my social media platforms. I love to hear from you all. Don't forget to subscribe if you have not done so already!